Closing the Gap Conversations
The Coalition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peak Organisations (Coalition of Peaks), together with Australian governments, want to hear your views on what is needed to improve the lives of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
The Coalition of Peaks formed in 2018 to be formal partners with Australian governments to work on the future of Closing the Gap – a national policy aimed at improving outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. To access a full list of Coalition of Peak members across Australia, click here
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisations from around the country have been negotiating directly with all levels of government for a new National Agreement on Closing the Gap – the Elected Body has been actively involved in this process to date.
The Elected Body are hosting two forums so that we can speak directly with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in our community. The forums will cover:
- Developments in the Closing the Gap refresh and how Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are being represented in the process;
- Seeking your views about what is needed to make the lives of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, families and children, better;
- Getting your feedback on the priority reform areas being proposed such as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander led decision making, growth of the community-controlled sector and improving the mainstreams ability to deliver appropriate services to our people; and
- Seeking your views on the new Closing the Gap targets agreed to by the Council of Australian Governments in draft form in December 2018.
Two Open Community Forums will be held in Canberra ACT
|Thursday, 17 October 2019||Boomanulla Oval 169 Goyder Street Narrabundah ACT 2604||4pm - 6pm Barbeque provided|
|Monday, 28 October 2019||Boomanulla Oval 169 Goyder Street Narrabundah ACT 2604||12pm – 2pm Lunch provided|
Closes 8 November 2019 at 5pm
Have your say about what is needed to make real change in the lives of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
Survey results will be analysed and used by the Coalition of Peaks to help negotiate a new National Agreement on Closing the Gap.
The Coalition of Peaks want to hear your ideas on what should be included in the new National Agreement. The Coalition of Peaks want to hear from enough people across Australia to make sure we’re on the right track and have support to finalise the new National Agreement with governments.
- Discussion Booklet
- Illustrated Story
- The Paper based survey (PDF version) will assist you to complete the online survey.
Thanks for taking the time to complete the survey!